- tilizescreen by meeting’s end;
- one or moresaregroups of each term (NOTE: membership and function may overlap with Democratic Coalitions)
- non-office-ing citizens7/21/2014)
- prepare a local, State and National Party Plan and a Budget that grows out of these grass-roots issues, problems and needs expressed by constituents. Use those Plans as a Platform and offer a Pledge to the voters that the Democratic Party will act to prove it is the Party by, of and for The People. Think Big & Bold; take Bold steps to offer real Hope and real Change as part of a New Deal, based on voter input.
- Big & Bold Example: purchase a TV station or network so that these grass-roots concerns can be presented forcefully. Feature Democrats as guests, along with grass-roots activists and average voters who can speak for and to a broad audience. Feature real people, real issues and real debates and discussions. Above all, do not make it pure entertainment, but make sure it is entertaining and interesting. Use it to voice a national Democratic populist agenda and to counter FOX News. By the way, this is the kind of proposal that, given the existence of advisory groups, would be checked and debated by them for their input.
Friday, December 9, 2016
Democratic Party Reform? Part 2
'The Hill' website has a couple of quotes from Party operatives that tend to oppose my opinion that the Democratic Party needs fundamental change:
And right there is the problem – message separated from deeds are not helpful. more framed messages from Washington are not what we need. Oh, by the Way, just what is that “message” – does anyone know?
, eing a approach with new twists added. (please excuse the underlining; it is tracking format that can't be removed - sorry for the inconvenience).
begin at the levelbossknew who voters were and what they needed; who Eschewing , of that model, wmust
could centered around voter issues touting the Party line, a
. On-going phone banks, canvassing, talk shows, newsletters, forums, discussion groups, demonstrations on issues, etc. must be used continuously to educate, activate and inform our members and the general public on issues and accomplishments.
acymustlocal Democratic C:
involvesing for; b; developing dynamics.
also as lead facilitator , ing
currently toward on their ownemailing a notice
,, and everyone’s abilities
are ways t buthavingand insiders is not an effective methodcan even
, and we aren’t present enough.
7/11/2016; 9/5/2015;11/16 & 28/2014; 7/21/2014here. ic(and the DNC and DCCC) Party officials,S10/12/2016all In contrast, h to solicit all-important voter input
the that our activates and must I use “point” advisedly because there is much more involved in these concepts than time allows here for elucidation.
n conclusion, Iagain statemetthat I posted recently
, or by Party officials who can’t see beyond their titles, their desks and their cell phones.