It’s time to expose those euphemisms used by certain Right-wing Republicans. They are mostly racially biased utterances by politicians and their followers that are seemingly mild, indirect or vague but they act as substitutes for a harsh or blunt underlying meaning that usually serves to denigrate the target of the expression.
- The undeniable fact that 18 million people who had no health insurance are now covered
- The slowing of premium rate increases, the expansive use of Medicaid for coverage, the increase in consumer protection, and the elimination of private insurance scams such as total payment limits, the drug hole for seniors, the imposition of pre-existing conditions and the unequal treatment of women in terms of their health needs.
- In his first year, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act created and sustained 2.1 million jobs and stimulated the economy 3.5%. http://reut.rs/i46CEE
- The elimination of “don’t ask, don’t tell” in the military
- The successful mission to eliminate the leader of Al Qaida, Osama bin Laden
- The successful use of special ops forces to eliminate more than 30,000 members of terrorist forces, including many leaders of Al Qaida and of ISIS. (On December 7, 2015, the Washington Post reported that since 2001, in five theatres of the war (Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Syria and Somalia) that the total number of terrorists killed ranges from 65,800 to 8,600, with the Obama administration being responsible for between 30,000 and 33,000. [222 Wikipedia).
- Treaty with Iran to reduce their nuclear capability and the opening of trade with Cuba
- The end of the original wars in Afghanistan and Iraq
- The agreement on climate standards with 64 nations including China
- Read much more at: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/02/15/a-long-list-of-president-obamas-accomplishments-with-citations/
The compiler of these accomplishments ( addictinginfo.org) has this to say to critics: